Friday, November 18, 2005

What's the Public Opinion?

Earlier today I was at the MVD (what they call it in AZ which sounds strange to California ears that expect it to be DMV) and had a conversation with an idiotarian. 'Bush lied (= Hitler)', 'We need to pull out of Iraq now', yada, yada.

After about 20 minutes the quiet older lady sitting near him, that looked like the cookie baking kind, had had about enough when he started talking about Viet Nam. 'You don't know what you're talking about' she said, a conclusion I'd reached after only a few moments of talking our conversation. She then said to me she thought he was just too young to understand. I think, sometimes we strangers are just too kind to the idiots. I'm kind of tired making excuses for them, but that's what gentle society does.

The interesting thing is I saw heads nodding all around and nobody seemed to support the guys blather. You might think that half the countries gone mad supporting the extreme left views, but I found this reaction quite encouraging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home